Become a 316.FM BIBLE EMBASSADOR
Being a Bible Embassador is fun and Easy and worthwhile toward promoting the kingdom of God to people that have not heard the gospel as well as to encourage those who already love Jesus. As a Bible Embassador you will be called upon to read particular scripture verses into any reasonable recording device. While we love great quality recordings, the most important thing is reading and sharing what scripture means (to you). We will use your recordings on our 316.FM stations and related social media outlets. Our goal is to eventually have an entire radio station dedicated to playing nothing but 316 FM bible embassador scriptures and their short audio messages from all over the world.
IT’s SUPER EASY TO GET STARTED
To get started, you simply need to pick your favorite scripture verse and read it into any recording device such as smartphone or computer. After reading it, tell us why this is your favorite verse and what it means (to you). After we receive your first verse, we will contact you with a list of other scriptures we would like you to read or you may read other scriptures that you desire to talk about.
Example of What to Send: “Hello, This is ____________ (Your First Name) , __________ State or Country, I have a Scripture from the New International Version of the Bible. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. I love this scripture because it reminds me of what Jesus has done for me and that I have eternal life to look forward to in heaven with Jesus Christ. I will never perish and I get to live forever with Jesus and that puts joy in my heart. Thank you Jesus and thank you for listening.
- The Best recordings for this are the ones that take approximately 50 seconds or less to read the scripture passage out loud and explain it’s meaning. Submissions longer than 2 minutes will likely be returned unless it is a very exhilarating 2 minutes.
- Think of this like Bible Audio Twitter, shorter the better but also feel free to express yourself.
- Feel free to express your faith, pray, and say this as if you were speaking to a friend. Be sure to include Name, Location, Bible Version, Bible Book and Verse, your explanation, and some type of sign off such as thank you for listening. Please say them in this exact order if possible and comfortable.
- Have fun with this, this is your opportunity to tell the world about the Bible
- Be sure the scripture you share is read exactly as in the bible version you choose. Incorrect bible readings will need to be redone.
- **** Please send as WAV file or highest quality MP3 file you can produce.***
Where to send: JesusJamz@316.fm
When to Send: Send a quick one right now. We will rapidly get it prepped for on air usage and send you a copy of what we will be airing. We may also get back to you with some other tips (if needed). You can easily use most smart phones or a computer with a usb microphone for this. If you have another recording set up that is great, but we want this to be as easy as possible for you.
Hints On How To Make Extra Good Quality Recordings
- Make sure there is 0 background noise. We may ask for re-submissions if we cannot hear you clearly.
- Do as many retakes as necessary so there are no other people talking, computer fans blowing, traffic etc
- To prevent unwanted reverb off of walls or desks, try nesting your recording device in pillows, blankets etc.
- Recording in your car or truck can provide a somewhat quiet booth if you are at a park etc.
- Avoid distorted audio by not speaking too loudly, loud enough to hear you but don’t max the meters
- Focus on speaking clearly
- Be yourself and act or read natural (Natural is what we are looking for)
- Smile with joy while reading, it comes through in your voice and makes it more enjoyable
- Tilt your head back slightly to open up your throat (if needed)
- Try warming up by singing or humming for a few minutes before you speak. Saying OOOOOOOOOO -EEEEEEE from high to low and then low to high is a favorite. Do this for a few moments to test your range and then talk in the most comfortable voice range you have